You Will Learn How To:
- Install, Setup and Create a database using MySQL
- Insert, Update, Delete Records in MySQL database tables
- Write Queries against the MySQL database & Retrieve data using specific criteria
- Write effective, efficient PHP scripts
- Embed PHP scripts in HTML pages to create dynamic Web pages
- Manipulate data from Web page forms
- Track users as they navigate your site with cookies and other PHP features
- Structure PHP code using user-defined functions and external libraries
- Develop database-enabled Web applications using MySQL ( You can also get an Introduction to MySQL database, and Oracle Database SQL Expertise in a separate training class too)
Those creating dynamic, database-driven Web sites. Basic experience with HTML is assumed. Prior Programming or PHP experience is helpful but not required.
Certificate of attendance would be given to all participants who attend the complete training.
Notes in folders will be provided.
In this course, you develop PHP scripts to perform a variety of tasks, culminating in the development of a full database-driven Web application.
- Creating A MySQL Database, Creating Tables, Fields, and Inserting Records in the MySQL Database tables
- Selecting Data from the MySQL database using various filtering criteria techniques.
- Sort, Format and Convert MySQL data using specific MySQL Functions and features.
- Generating Web pages dynamically using PHP
- Retrieving and manipulating form data
- Personalizing Web site content using cookies
- Tracking user navigation on your Web site
- Integrating database content to generate dynamic Web pages
- Building modular scripts to enable code reusability
Introduction to PHP
- Origins of PHP in the open source community
- Availability across multiple platforms
- Installing as a module for Apache Web Server
PHP language building blocks
- Comparing PHP with other Web scripting languages
- Investigating PHP data types
- Integers, Floating point values, Strings, Booleans
Writing PHP scripts
- Storing values in scalar variables
- Writing conditional expressions
- Implementing loops such as while, for and foreach
- Building complete scripts incorporating loops and conditional expressions
Writing Web Pages with PHP
Interacting with the server
- Embedding PHP code into HTML pages
- Determining how data is sent from forms to PHP scripts
- Creating dynamically-generated hyperlinks to call PHP scripts
Manipulating user input
- Presenting the user with input options via different HTML form elements
- Retrieving form data with POST and GET arrays
- Validating retrieved data
- Strategies for handling invalid input
- Storing state information using cookies
Applying Advanced Scripting Techniques
Exploiting the built-in functionality of PHP
- Formatting date and time information
- Manipulating string data
- Investigating other built-in features
Structuring PHP code
- Writing user-defined functions to structure your code
- Passing arguments and default values to functions
- Returning data from functions
- Accessing global variables
- Building code libraries for reusability
- Incorporating external PHP scripts with require and require_once
Building Complete Web Applications
- Investigating the HTTP header
- Suppressing on-screen error messages on production servers
- Configuring the php.ini file to control error messages
Handling problematic situations
- Troubleshooting problems when manipulating data
- Redirecting the browser to other pages
- Modifying the PHP configuration file to suit your needs
- Developing debugging strategies
Establishing database connectivity
- Creating and managing database connections
- Sending queries to the database server employing the most efficient methods
- Retrieving query results as associative arrays
- Displaying returned data on Web pages
- Avoiding potential problems by managing quotes and backslashes in data
- Closing the database connection
PHP is a scripting language used to create dynamic, complex and robust Web pages. It can seamlessly integrate with a wide range of database servers, including Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
In this Introductory course on PHP programming, you gain a solid foundation for incorporating PHP techniques in your online, web based applications, and learn how to interface it with the MySQL database.
Extensive hands-on exercises provide you with the skills to produce dynamic Web pages, retrieve and manipulate data, track user navigation, and integrate database content.
Practical, Hands-On Exercises & Techniques to Gain a Solid Understanding of:
- Creating a User Login & Authentication System
- Sending Form Data to the MySQL Database
- Using Sessions & Cookies in PHP pages
- Insert, Update, Delete, Select and Display data from MySQL Database into the Web
- Search the Database and Display only Matching Results using PHP
- Use Pagination to Control Results Per Page
- Advanced Features & Structured Code Writing Tips
How to Register
Register Online for the 3 Day PHP & MySQL Training Workshop Today.
To claim SDF Funding for this training, you must register for the training at the SkillsConnect website. This SDF funding is available to ALL companies registered in Singapore. The funding is not available to individuals - only available if you apply through your company.
Call Kamini at (65) 6296-2995 or email to email@example.com for any questions, or to register for the upcoming PHP & MySQL Training class.
We also offer Customized Corporate Training for PHP, with MySQL or Oracle Database. If you have a group of 10 or more participants, we can conduct this training at your office too. Contact us for details.