Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2010 has an extensive range of nifty shortcuts, tips and tricks, that will enable you to use it as a tool that assists in managing your projects effectively and efficiently.
In this MS Project 2010 training course, you will create and modify a project plan, and begin to manage variances in a project, bringing the project to a success!
You will create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft® Project 2010. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment.
• create a new project plan file and enter project information.
• manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
• manage resources for a project.
• finalize a project plan.
• exchange project plan data with other applications.
• update a project plan.
• manage project costs.
• report project data visually.
• reuse project plan information.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
Instructor led, highly interactive classroom setting with many practical exercises to do and learn from in this session.
Each student will be provided with a PC, to do the exercises in the training room. You can bring in your laptop notebook for your use in the class. It must be pre-installed with the required software for your use.
Day 1 of Microsoft Project 2010
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Create a Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Outline Tasks
- Link Dependent Tasks
- Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Add Notes to a Task
- Add a Recurring Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
Day 2 of Microsoft Project 2010
Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Import Project Information
- Export Project Plan Cost Data to an Excel Workbook
- Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Information
Lesson 2: Updating a Project Plan
- Enter Task Progress
- Enter Overtime Work
- Edit Tasks
- Reschedule a Task
- Filter Tasks
- Set an Interim Plan
- Create a Custom Table
- Create a Custom Field
Lesson 3: Managing Project Costs
- Update Cost Rate Tables
- Group Costs
- Link Documents to a Project Plan
Lesson 4: Reporting Project Data Visually
Lesson 5: Reusing Project Plan Information
- Create a Visual Report
- Customize a Visual Report
- Create a Visual Report Template
- Create a Project Plan Template
- Create a Custom View
- Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Share Resources
- Create a Master Project
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts. Courses that help fulfill this requirement include: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition).
- Basic end-user skills with any current Windows operating system.
How to Register
Register for the 2 Days Microsoft Project 2010 Class Today Class Today. Simply fill the Course Registration form on the top, and book your seat today. Or send an online enquiry for any questions. You can call us at (65) 6296-2995 or (65) 9066-9991.
To claim SDF Funding of $32 for this training, you must register for the training at the SkillsConnect website. This SDF funding is available to ALL companies registered in Singapore. The funding is not available to individuals - only available if you apply through your company.
Call Kamini at (65) 9066-9991 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, or to register for the upcoming class. We have regular public classes each month, and Custom Corporate Trainings can be arranged at your office too.